Monday, March 9, 2009

Craze week...

     Ok - so I got my internship all straightened out. It seems like it's going to be legit - hours are whenever I want them to be (haa gotta love that right?!). Line of work: Clean toilets? Make coffee? Get lunch? No, no, and no (well maybe?). It actually consists of me sitting in the studio doing one of the following: A) making music B) mixing my music (or others) C) helping either Tony or Bobby with their music D) being in studio sessions - names of who that will be is TBA (currently Bobby workin with Bun B and Goapele), or E) maybe even working on the projects that Bobby or Tony working on. In all - it's going to probably be the best internship anyone can have, and Im lucky for this opportunity - Im actually looking forward to it alot. So expect alot of music updates in the summer - and possibly even studio sessions.
     But before I get to that - as mentioned prior - Im moving out of my studio due to some reasons I rather not put out on the net. Let's just say I got a phone call last tuesday saying I got the boot and I must move my stuff out when I go back home during spring break. That's quite unfortunate, because my whole musical history began in that studio. My evolution all occurred in that room - the vibe - the studio sessions - the songs/albums I worked on all happened in that room. People might not understand the attachment producers have with their beloved studios - think of it like your baby/security blanket. You had so many great times with it - but at one point you must give it up - and thats difficult times for anyone...(if I recalled being told, I named the corners of my blanket...or maybe that was my older bro? shoot one of us did haa). Anyways - yes... it's going to be a sad moment for all of us here the day i get back and move my ish out... I first will make a beat and document it as the final one in that room (i hope it's bomb - otherwise i'd feel let down), then the first thing to go out is my beloved triton studio... then - the turntables. We'll see where I can set up shop next - perhaps I'll move into the studio I'll be interning at - or lug it down to SC and officially have no space in my room to walk. Hey there we go - cuz we pay a crap load of money for a room that fits a ten year old kid and his lego collection. All I know my record collection cant even breathe in the room Im in haa...
     Alright- well you are up to date as to what's been up. No new music due to long week of school, midterms, and cousin stayin this past week. I did however make a mix for a dance crew at USC called Chaotic 3 (C3 for short). They used it this past week for the newly accepted High School seniors visiting SC to get a feel for it, and will use it again this coming week for an event. Hopefully more work will come from them (I havent done a mix in a year - and I miss doing them). But, I'll leave the mixing to my Dj friends - Shout out to DJ Ka$h, Dj Triple S (Steven Le - you still go by that?), Dj Blade, and DJ Alsius. Thanks for the love and support over the years - much appreciated!

Peace and Much love to ya fam

No comments:

Post a Comment